Austral Pacific Reports Taranaki Dry Hole


Taranaki Basin
(Click to Enlarge)
Austral Pacific Energy Ltd. said that the exploration well Ratanui-1 reached a total depth of 2120 meters (6955 feet) on Tuesday of this week. Wireline logging of the well was completed the following day.

The target Mt Messenger and Upper Moki Formation sands were intersected over several intervals in the well. However, wireline log interpretation and associated seismic mapping do not indicate economic hydrocarbons. As a result, Ratanui-1 will be plugged and abandoned.

The remaining potential in the permit centers around the deeper Kapuni Group and in particular on the mapped Waitoriki deep gas prospect.

Austral Pacific Energy Ltd. holds a 55% interest in PEP 38741; TAG Oil holds the remaining 45% interest in the permit.

Related Companies
Events  SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER

Our Privacy Pledge
SUBSCRIBE


Most Popular Articles


From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
U.S. Zanesville: Sr Field Engineer - Directional Drilling
Expertise: Directional Driller
Location: Zanesville, OH
 
United States Canonsburg: Service Manager
Expertise: Customer Service|WellSite Supervisor
Location: Canonsburg, PA
 
Drilling Engineer II Job
Expertise: Drilling Engineering|Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
 
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $55.49/BBL 2.45%
Light Crude Oil : $52.42/BBL 2.04%
Natural Gas : $3.2/MMBtu 5.04%
Updated in last 24 hours