Altinex: Drilling Completed on Neimah-1
EnCana International (Oman) Ltd has as operator for the EPSA on Oman Block 3&4, where Altinex Oil holds a 50 % interest, completed the drilling of the exploration well Neimah-1 located in the southern part of Oman Block 4.
The Neimah-1 well reached a total depth of 2,195 m in the Al Khlata Formation. The well encountered hydrocarbon shows in the Natih Formation and small oil columns in the Khuff formation. After MDT sampling in the Khuff formation it was concluded that the oil is immobile. The Neimah-1 well has provided valuable information for the ongoing evaluation of the potential of the block, concerning both reservoir quality and hydrocarbon generation.
The Neimah-1 well was drilled with the drilling unit Deutag T80. The drilling unit will now be moved 17 km to the west to the Maeen-1 well location and is expected to be ready to spud this second exploration well in Block 4 in approximately one week.
- Norway Strike Threat Increases as Parties Fail to Find Agreement (Jun 08)
- Statoil Extends Drilling Services Contracts, Kicks Off JS Platform Work (Mar 31)
- KCA Confirms Plans to Hire 300 Workers in Norway (Mar 30)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)