Taking Another Look at Snohvit Oil
The partners in the Snohvit organisation have decided to drill an appraisal well to map the resources in the Barents Sea field's structure more closely.
An appraisal well at Snohvit must be drilled by the summer of 2007 if potential oil production is to begin before the field's gas pressure becomes too low.
The appraisal well will provide further data on Snohvit's recoverable oil reserves and better map gas reserves in the western part of the field's structure.
"We desire a justifiable resource management of Snohvit," says Geir Pettersen, Statoil's senior vice president for the Tromso Patch business cluster.
"A closer mapping of the field's reserves can give us a basis for continuing our studies towards a possible realization of the oil project."
The partners will assess whether to continue with the project when the results from the appraisal well are ready.
The benefits associated with a potential unitization with the Goliat oil find development, where Eni is operator, are among the options under consideration. A unitization with Goliat was studied earlier with a negative result.
Drilling of the appraisal well is dependent on available rig capacity in the area.
Statoil is operator for development and operation of Snohvit with a 33.53% share. The other partners are Petoro (30.00%), Total E&P (18.40%), Gaz de France (12.00%), Amerada Hess Norge (3.26%) and RWE Dea Norge (2.81%).
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: RWE-DEA more info
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
- Japan's JX, GDF Suez Find New Oil in UK North Sea (Mar 13)