Norse Energy: Manati #5 Exceeds Expectations
Norse Energy Corp (10%), in partnership with Petrobras (35%, Operator) and Queiroz Galvao Perfuracoes SA. (55%), said that the final logging of the fifth production well at Manati has been concluded at TD of 1,538 meters, 42 meters above the gas/water contact.
The logging indicated approximately 232 meters of net pay, similar to MNT well no.-1 net pay.
Gross pay was more than 345 meters, the most of the 5 wells drilled to date. The other four wells have shown gross pay between 233-327 meters.
This well will be equipped with an open hole gravel pack system to prevent future sand production since it is located in the highest structural position of the structure and can reach the highest daily production if required.
The well is completing operations with
subsequent tie to the Manati offshore
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)
Company: Norse Energy more info
- Norse Set to Sell New York Assets (Jun 20)
- New York Landowners Sue Norse Energy USA Over Leases (May 20)
- Norse Energy Sees Increase in Reserves, Resources (Feb 21)