CGG Veritas Extends Charter for Seismic Research Vessel
The Compagnie Generale de Geophysique-Veritas (CGGVeritas) has through its subsidiary Viking Maritime exercised its option to extend the charter for the seismic research vessel SR/V Veritas Viking II.
The extension is for a fixed period of six years beginning June 2007. As a part of the charter extension agreement, CGGVeritas has agreed to waive its option to purchase 49 percent of the vessel.
The Veritas Viking II was delivered in 1999, and prior to this extension agreement was on an 8-year fixed time charter to Veritas DGC now merged into CGGVeritas.
With this extension and two new contracts
entered into for delivery in 2007, CGGVeritas
will have five large modern seismic vessels owned
by Eidesvik Shipping AS, a wholly owned
subsidiary of Eidesvik Offshore ASA, and
operated on a world-wide basis for seismic
- Eidesvik Takes Delivery of 'Viking Neptun' Offshore Construction Ship (Feb 17)
- Subsea 7, Eidesvik Unveil Latest IMR Ship (Jan 30)
- Eidesvik Wins Supply Vessel Contracts (Jun 15)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)