Sevan Signs Bank Financing Deal for Semisub
Sevan Drilling AS has signed a mandate with two leading financial institutions to arrange construction financing and a six-year term loan with a 7.5-year profile of up to US$250 million (pre-delivery) and US$400 million (post-delivery) for the Sevan Driller.
The construction of the Sevan Driller is proceeding according to plan. The unit is expected to be ready to drill in the US Gulf of Mexico in first quarter 2009, under a 6-year contract with Petrobras.
"We are pleased to announce this bank facility, intended to complete the financing of the
advanced deepwater drilling unit Sevan Driller, based on Sevan's own proprietary technology," said Jan Erik Tveteraas CEO, Sevan Marine ASA.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Exxon's Big Bet on Brazil Oil Could Signal Major Pre-salt Role (Sep 29)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Sevan Drilling more info
- Sevan Drilling, Cosco to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer to Mid-October (Apr 15)
- Sevan Drilling Exercises Option to Defer Delivery of Sevan Developer (Nov 03)
- Cosco, Sevan Drilling Agree to Extend Delivery Date for Sevan Developer (Oct 17)