Sime Engineering Services Wins Work Offshore Qatar
Sime Engineering Services' subsidiary, Sime Darby Engineering, has been awarded a contract by Maersk Oil Qatar AS for engineering work at the Al Shaheen Block 5 Development offshore Qatar. The contract covers the engineering, procurement, construction, transportation & installation and hook-up & commissioning of one process platform, one utility platform and three bridges. The contract is valued at approximately US $600 million.
SDE's principal business activity is the provision of engineering, procurement, construction, installation, and hook-up and commissioning services to the oil and gas industry.
The contract will be undertaken over a period of 33 months and is expected to have a positive effect on the earnings and net assets of the SES Group for the financial years ending June 30, 2007 to 2009. None of the directors or substantial shareholders of SES or persons connected to them has any interest, direct or indirect, in the award of the contract.
- ABB Wins $26M Contract in Qatar (May 14)
- Sime Engineering Services Wins Work Offshore Qatar (Feb 09)
- Sime Engineering Wins Talisman Contract (Jul 27)
Company: Maersk Oil & Gas more info
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)