Sibir Sets Production Record
Sibir Energy plc said Thursday that equity production from its upstream units now exceeds 45,000 barrels per day (bopd). The new production record was reached as Sibir's 50:50 joint venture with Shell in the Salym group of fields in Western Siberia, Salym Petroleum Development NV (SPD), announced production of over 75,000 bopd.
The new SPD production record brings Sibir's 50% share at Salym to over 37,500 bopd which, combined with production from its subsidiary Magma, brings Sibir's total daily production to over 45,000 bopd.
Commenting on the announcement, Sibir CEO, Henry Cameron said, "Reaching the
45,000 bopd production record is an important milestone for Sibir and is the
result of strong production growth from SPD. As the Salym project enters its
second full year of commercial production, strong reservoir performance and
improvement in cycle times for drilling, completion and hookup of wells continue
to drive production gains."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Sibir Energy more info
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)
Company: Salym Petroleum Development more info
- Halliburton Snags $100MM Contract Extension in Western Siberia (Mar 25)
- Integra Inks 2-Year Contract with Shell, Sibir JV (Jul 17)
- Sibir's Production at Salym Fields Exceeds 120,000 bbl/d (Apr 30)