Mustang to Design Second West Africa CPT for Chevron
Mustang Engineering, a subsidiary of international energy services company John Wood Group PLC, has been selected by Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Services to perform detail design services for a Compliant Piled Tower (CPT) for the Tombua-Landana Development Project located within the eastern portion of Block 14 in approximately 1,200 feet of water offshore, Angola. The field is operated by Cabinda Gulf Oil Company LTD, a wholly owned subsidiary of Chevron Corporation. The tower will be designed to support full drilling and production operations with a Tender Assist Drilling Rig, a topsides weighing in excess of 36,000 short tons and 38 well slots.
The CPT will be the second such bottom-founded structure outside of the Gulf of Mexico. Mustang designed the first CPT located offshore West Africa for the nearby Benguela-Belize development, also in Block 14 in 1,280 feet of water. The unique CPT design allows for surface production trees, excellent constructability characteristics and appreciably less cost than conventional structures due to its reduced steel requirements.
Mustang is an independent services provider to the global oil, gas, chemical and industrial
industries. The company specializes in design, engineering, procurement, project management
and construction management and offers these services through its six business units:
upstream oil and gas, midstream, pipeline, automation and control, refining and petrochemicals,
and process & industrial.
- Buying Texas Oil at New Mexico Prices: Majors Go West for Shale (Nov 14)
- Japan's JERA Imports First LNG Cargo Shipped From Chevron's Wheatstone Site (Nov 13)
- Chevron Canada Okays Duvernay Development (Nov 07)
Company: Wood Group more info
- Wood to Design Pioneering LNG Platform (Oct 17)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
- Ichthys LNG Subsea Contract Goes to Wood Group (Sep 06)
Company: Daewoo more info
- Woodside Discovers Gas at Thalin-1A Well Offshore Myanmar (Feb 12)
- Deep-Sea Plan Fails, Leaving Korean Shipyards Struggling (Jul 27)
- Daewoo Names New Chief After Ex-CEO Quits Over Myanmar Gas Sale Spat (Jun 17)
Company: Mustang Engineering more info
- Mustang Secures Topsides Role for Anardarko's Lucius Development (Dec 20)
- Mustang Completes Engineering Gig at Eni Nikaitchuq Facility (Jun 28)
- Mustang Snags Detail Design Contract for Chevron Facility (Sep 07)