Arc Spuds Eremia 7 Appraisal Well
Arc Energy Limited said that operations at the Eremia 7 well in the onshore Perth Basin Production License L1, commenced at 10:30 p.m. WST on Saturday, February 3rd, using the Century 18 drilling rig.
At 6 a.m. Tuesday morning, the 340-millimeter (133/8-inch) surface conductor was set to a depth of 78 meters and the rig was picking up drill pipe in preparation to drill the 311mm (12 1/4") section.
Eremia 7 is located approximately 15 kilometers east-southeast of the township of Dongara. The primary target is the Late Permian Dongara Sandstone, the main oil-producing reservoir in the Eremia oil field.
Eremia 7 is designed to intersect the Dongara Sandstone as near as possible to the structural crest of the Eremia oil field, and updip of existing Eremia wells. The well is being drilled directionally and is prognosed to intersect the top of the Dongara Sandstone at approximately 2,117 meters measured depth, which is approximately 165 meters southeast of the surface location.
Surface co-ordinates for the Eremia 7 drilling location are as follows:
- Latitude 29O 18' 16.00"S
- Longitude 115O 01' 07.41"E
The well has a planned total depth of approximately 2,263 meters measured depth and is expected to take 18 days to drill and complete.
Participants in L1 and Eremia 7 are:
- Arc Energy Limited (Operator), 50%
- Origin Energy Developments Pty Ltd, 50%
Managing Director's comments:
"Eremia 7 is designed to test the northern extent of the Eremia structure which the
recent Eremia 6 well demonstrated has potential to contain significantly more reserves
than originally interpreted. If successful the well will confirm a reserves upgrade for the
field and enhance the field's production capacity."
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: Arc Energy more info
- Jingemia 12 Development Well Cased, Completed as Oil Producer (Aug 13)
- ARC Energy Trust Announces Cash Distribution Amount for June (May 15)
- Rheochem to Provide Drilling Services Onshore Western Australia (Dec 03)