West Cycad-2 to be Completed as a Producer
Tap Oil reports that the West Cycad-2, located in Production License TL/9 offshore Australia, is being cased and completed for production. The well has been drilled to its planned total depth and encountered excellent quality Flag Sandstone.
The West Cycad Oil Field was discovered by the West Cycad-1 exploration well in November 2006. The reserves discovered at West Cycad will be recovered via the existing Victoria Oil Platform. Tap estimates the initial well production rate, commencing within the next two weeks via the Varanus Production hub, to add around 4,000 bopd to HJV production.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)