Bolivia to Establish E&P Office in Camiri
Bolivia's government will establish an E&P office in Santa Cruz department town Camiri as part of a deal reached with local residents, a hydrocarbons ministry spokesperson told BNamericas, confirming a report from government news agency ABI.
The agreement follows more than a week of civil unrest by local residents demanding increased government investment and job creation.
The deal also establishes the creation of an office of the Petroandina JV made up of Bolivia's state oil company YPFB and its Venezuelan counterpart PDVSA.
The new offices will form part of government plans to restructure the hydrocarbons sector.
The government also agreed to construct a US$100mn gas liquids separation plant in Camiri with the capacity to produce 1,000t/d of LPG, ABI said in a separate report.
YPFB previously announced plans to develop with PDVSA a US$100mn plant in Yacuiba, which would process 300Mf3/d (8.5Mm3/d) of natural gas to produce 309t/d of LPG and 854b/d natural gasoline. A similar project would follow.
Camiri residents originally staged a civil strike but then took over the installations of local gas transporter Transredes and local distributor Compania Logistica de Hidrocarburos de Bolivia (CLHB). The takeover resulted in losses of US$35,000 an hour to the state.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 14 Offshore Rigs
Manages 26 Offshore Rigs
- Union Leader: PDVSA's Amuay Refinery Halts Distillation Unit (Nov 30)
- Venezuela's PDVSA To Tap Oil Customers To Pay $449MM To ONGC (Nov 15)
- Venezuelan Oil Output Heads to 29-Year Low as Cash Crunch Grows (Nov 10)
Company: YPFB more info
- Bolivia Seals Exploration Deal with Gazprom, Total (Aug 02)
- Argentina's Chubut Province Gives YPF 7-Day Ultimatum (Mar 02)
- Petrobras Amends Natural Gas Purchase Agreement with YPFB (Dec 21)
Company: Petroandina more info
- Gazprom Visits Bolivia to Discuss Acero Production, Entry into Petroandina (Feb 06)
- Bolivia to Establish E&P Office in Camiri (Feb 06)
- Petro Andina Contracts for Third Rig in Neuquen Block (Jan 29)