Nautical Adds Blocks Offshore UK
Nautical Petroleum plc, which specializes in developing heavy oil assets in the UK and Europe, was been offered interests in seven blocks and partial blocks in four licenses in the UK's recent 24th Seaward Licensing Round.
Nautical said that the offer of these blocks represents an excellent outcome for Nautical, with all applications proving successful.
The company said that the licenses offered complement its strategy of additional exposure to selective United Kingdom Continental Shelf ("UKCS") blocks which fit the Company's development criteria and could add materially to its future resource base.
Nautical is committed to its near term drilling program on the UKCS, with a three well program planned during 2007. The Company anticipates first oil from its St. Laurent Permit in Southern France by late 2007.
Commenting on the 24th Licensing Round and the license awards, Nautical's Chief Executive, Steve Jenkins said:
"We undertook an extensive screening process in preparation for the 24th round to select high quality targets which fit our criteria. We are very pleased to have been successful in all applications.
"New drilling commitments include additional activity in 2007/8, and we look forward to this busy program ahead."
Details of the awarded blocks are outlined below:
Block(s) in offered Licenses Operator Partner(s) Nautical Obligations License Type Interest Firm Contingent; Drill or Drop (D/D) 28/9&28/10b (Split) Oilexco EnCore 15.0% 1 Firm Well; Traditional obtain 3D 113/29c&113/30 Nautical EnCore 50.0% Obtain& D/D Traditional Reprocess 2D 14/30a EnCore Endeavour, 20.0% Reprocess 3D 1 Contingent Well Traditional Lundin Heather 2/3 (Part)&2/4b Granby Gas Plus E&P, 33.3% Obtain & D/D Promote Gas Plus O&G Reprocess 2D Obtain 3D • Nautical has a 15% interest in the license containing blocks 28/9 and 28 /10b (split). The operator of these blocks, Oilexco North Sea Ltd, has offered to drill a firm well within 12 months of award. Nautical will have 20% of its costs for this well paid for by Oilexco. • Nautical will become operator of the license containing blocks 113/29c and 113/30. This license has a drill or drop option on a sizeable offshore prospect that could be drilled from an onshore location. • On block 14/30a, of which Nautical has a 20% equity interest, the operator, Encore Petroleum Ltd, has agreed to drill a well contingent on further evaluation of the 14/30a-2 heavy oil discovery. • Blocks 2/3 (part) and 2/4b have been offered under promote license terms that contain commitments to obtain and reprocess further seismic data.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Lundin Board Proposes Malaysia, France, Netherlands Asset Spin Off (Feb 13)
- Swedish Oil Firm Lundin Sees Output More Than Doubling Next Decade (Feb 01)
- Lundin's Development Expenditure to Top $1B in 2017 (Jan 19)
Company: Oilexco more info
- Flexlife Completes Major Projects Using New Scanning Technology (Sep 15)
- Oilexco Files Eighth Default Status Report (Jul 21)
- Oil's Move Could Fuel E&P Deals (May 27)
Company: Endeavour International Corporation more info
- Endeavour Halts Drilling Ops at East Rochelle (Feb 14)
- Endeavour: Transocean Semisub Mobilized to Rochelle Field (Jan 07)
- Endeavour CFO Resigns (Oct 29)
Company: Granby Oil more info
- Granby: Tristan NW Gas Development Successfully Drilled and Tested (Feb 28)
- Granby and Petro-Canada Agree to Cross Assignment in UKCS Quad 13 (Feb 06)
- Granby Completes Drilling in N. Sea, First Gas Delayed (Jan 28)
Company: Nautical Petroleum more info
- Egdon Completes PEDL005(R) Farm-Outs (Sep 21)
- Cairn Bids $645M for Nautical Petroleum (Jun 13)
- Nautical Petroleum Spins Bit at Carnaby Well (May 11)
Company: EnCore Oil plc more info
- Deo Petroleum: Amalgamation Agreement Finalized (Jan 12)
- Egdon Acquires EnCore Stake (Jan 06)
- Weather Delays Drilling at EnCore's Tudor Rose Well (Dec 08)
Company: Gas Plus Italiana more info
- Mediterranean Mobilizes Rigs for Exploration (Jan 28)
- MOG Awarded Four Italian Exploration Permits (Oct 30)
- Sterling Farms-out Romanian and UK North Sea Acreage (Oct 24)