Pearl Energy Awarded Block G11/48 in the Gulf of Thailand
Pearl Energy together with its partners, Horizon Oil (Siam) Ltd and Tana Resources (Thailand) Ltd, has been conditionally awarded the petroleum contract for Block G11/48 in the Gulf of Thailand.
Pearl Thailand will hold 50% interest in Block G11/48 and will be the operator. The remaining 50% interest will be shared equally between Horizon and Tana.
Block G11/48 is located in the southern Gulf of Thailand, to the south of Pearl's Chang Daeng (Block B11/38) and Bussabong (Block B12/32) production areas. The block covers an area of 13,600 sq. km and is adjacent to the western boundary of the Malaysia-Thai Joint Development Area, where several large gas condensate fields have been discovered.
"This is one of two blocks in Thailand in which we will strengthen our partnership with Horizon and Tana. It is extremely promising acreage and marks a significant addition to our exploration portfolio in a country where the bulk of our crude oil production is located," said Chris Gibson-Robinson, Pearl's Chief Operating Officer.
- Drilling Commences at WZ 12-8W-A6P1 Appraisal Well in China's Beibu Gulf (Nov 17)
- Ensco 107 Prepares to Demobilize from Maari Field Offshore New Zealand (Jul 07)
- OMV Successfully Completes Maari Redevelopment Project Off New Zealand (Jul 02)
Company: Pearl Energy more info
- Tap Oil's Manora Development On Track (Jul 26)
- Drilling Commenced in Gulf of Thailand (Oct 18)
- Mubadala Moves Ahead with Major Oil Projects (Nov 11)
Company: Tana Exploration more info
- Pearl Energy Awarded Block G11/48 in the Gulf of Thailand (Feb 05)
- Pearl, Partners Win Acreage Offshore Thailand (Nov 27)
- Capco Energy Expands Gulf of Mexico Acreage (Sep 13)