BHP Completes Purchase of Genghis Khan Field
BHP Billiton, with its Shenzi field co-venturers Hess Corporation and Repsol YPF, completed the purchase of the Genghis Khan oil and gas development from Anadarko Petroleum Corporation. The transaction, which was announced in November 2006, closed following completion of all remaining conditions to sale, with the net share to BHP Billiton at US$583 million after final purchase price adjustments.
BHP Billiton holds a 44 percent interest and is the operator of the Genghis Khan development. Hess Corporation and Repsol YPF each hold a 28 percent interest. The Genghis Khan field is adjacent to the Shenzi field, which is also operated by BHP Billiton and owned by the co-venture.
As one of the largest leaseholders in the Gulf of Mexico, BHP Billiton holds interests in more than 400 blocks.
Operates 2 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Hess: World Needs New Offshore Oil Investments to Avoid Shortages (Sep 28)
- Hess Slashes 2017 Capital Budget After Quarterly Loss (Jul 26)
- Suriname Signs Offshore Oil Deals with ﻿Exxon, Hess and Statoil (Jul 14)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)