Salym Petroleum Development Sets Production Record
Sibir's 50:50 joint venture with Shell in the Salym group of fields in western Siberia, Salym Petroleum Development NV (SPD), reports that the total crude oil production rate at the fields has passed 70,000 barrels per day (bopd).
The new SPD production record brings Sibir's 50% share of production at Salym to over 35,000 bopd. Combined with production from Sibir subsidiary, Magma at the Yuzhnoye fields in western Siberia, Sibir's total daily production now exceeds 43,000 bopd.
Commenting on the announcement, Sibir CEO, Henry Cameron said, "Reaching the 70,000 bopd milestone this early in the year means that production is on track and will continue to gain momentum throughout the rest of 2007."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Sibir Energy more info
- Salym JV Sets New Oil Production Record in Western Siberia (Apr 15)
- Sibir Launches High Court Proceedings against 2 Former Directors (Apr 07)
- Sibir Achieves Production Record of 7.1MM Barrels in Q4 2008 (Apr 07)
Company: Salym Petroleum Development more info
- Halliburton Snags $100MM Contract Extension in Western Siberia (Mar 25)
- Integra Inks 2-Year Contract with Shell, Sibir JV (Jul 17)
- Sibir's Production at Salym Fields Exceeds 120,000 bbl/d (Apr 30)