Elixir Petroleum Awarded a Promote License in Central North Sea
Elixir Petroleum has made a successful application in the latest 24th UKCS Seaward Licensing Round.
Elixir and its bidding partners, DNO and Sosina Exploration, have been offered a Promote license over the Central North Sea Block 21/16b.
The 24th Round proved extremely competitive with the highest number of applications for 35 years. Some 104 companies including 17 new North Sea entrants made successful applications for the 150 new licenses awarded.
Block 21/16b is located in the North West Central Graben area immediately south of the Dauntless and Durward oil fields. Four prospects in the Upper Jurassic Fulmar sands have been identified in the block.
Following formal award by the DTI, interest holders in the license will be Elixir Petroleum as operator with 40%; DNO UK Ltd with 40% and Sosina Exploration with 20%.
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)
Company: Elixir Petroleum more info
- Elixir Petroleum Acquires AWE's 57.5% Stake in Cliff Head Oil Field Off WA (Oct 26)
- Adriatic Oil Gives Up North Sea License (Feb 24)
- Adriatic Oil Farms into Moray Firth Licenses (Dec 07)
Company: Sosina Exploration more info
- 3D Seismic Survey Begins at Spanish Point South (Aug 14)
- Seismic Program About to Start Offshore SW Ireland (Aug 07)
- Seismic Survey over Ireland's Drombeg Prospect Begins (Jun 30)