Maersk Oil Awarded 15 Blocks in UK 24th Licensing Round
Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited was upbeat today (Feb 1, 2007) in its response to the outcome of the DTI's 24th Licensing Round applications. In total the company had made eight Operated and one non-Operated applications for 18 blocks, and has been awarded fifteen.
Commenting, Maersk Oil Managing Director in Aberdeen, Michael Engell-Jensen said, "We look forward to exploring further for oil and gas in the UK sector, as part of our growth strategy."
Maersk Oil and partners were awarded the following:
- Blocks 15/20c and 16/16 (part): Maersk Oil 70%, Noble Energy 30%
- Blocks 15/25d: Maersk Oil 100%
- Block 22/25c: Maersk Oil 65.987%, Nippon 17.065, ENI 16.947%
- Blocks 22/27c and 22/28c: Maersk Oil 100%
- Blocks 30/2b: Maersk Oil 100%
- Blocks 3/30b, 4/26b and 10/1b: Maersk Oil 100%
- Block 30/3b: Maersk Oil 30.49%, BG 30.49%, ENI 21.96%, Nippon 17.06%
- Blocks 214/2, 214/3, 214/4b(split), 216/28 Chevron 55%, Maersk Oil 25%, Talisman 20%
The A.P.Moller Maersk Group was established in 1904, and is listed on the Copenhagen stock exchange. It is a $45 billion company, with over 110,000 employees in more than 125 countries.
Maersk Olie Og Gas As (Maersk Oil) is a privately owned Danish company and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of the A.P. Moller– Maersk Group. Active since 1962, Maersk Oil operates some 750,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day, and some 1,000 million cubic feet of gas per day from fields in Denmark, UK, Kazakhstan and Qatar, and is active in several other countries including Algeria, Brazil, Gulf of Mexico, Norway, Germany, and Angola.
In November 2005 Maersk Oil acquired the majority of Kerr McGee's UK oil and gas assets for around $2.8 billion. Aberdeen-based Maersk Oil North Sea UK Limited currently employs over 900 staff and contractors, and operates Gryphon, Janice, Dumbarton, Affleck, Tullich, James, and oversees production on Maclure for operator BP (Maersk 30%). Currently partners in the UK sector include Noble, Talisman, BP, Sojitz, ONE, and Svenska.
- Maersk Oil CEO To Step Down After Total Takeover (Sep 27)
- Maersk Stands to Get Another $7.5 Billion for Energy Divestments (Aug 21)
- Fars News Agency: Maersk Sees Up To 140,000 Bpd Potential For Iran Field (Aug 01)