OffRig to Build Third Semisub at Yantai Raffles Shipyard
Awilco Offshore has, through its fully owned subsidiary OffRig Drilling, exercised an option with Yantai Raffles Shipyard in China to build the company's third semisubmersible drilling rig, WilPromotor.
The rig will be built to meet the requirements for operating on the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
WilPromotor is to be delivered in the fourth quarter of 2009 and will have a price of approximately US $310 million. This price includes the contract price with the yard and the drilling package.
Awilco holds two remaining options to construct one jackup drilling rig and one semisubmersible drilling rig.
- Newbuild COSLProspector Semisub Commences Sea Trial Offshore China (Oct 09)
- Aker Solutions Scores Jackup Drilling Equipment Contract (Apr 16)
- China's First Deepwater Semi Delivered (Nov 16)
Company: Awilco AS more info
- RCP Signs Supply Contract with Awilco Drilling (May 15)
- Awilco Inks LOI with Suncor Energy (May 03)
- AGR Lands North Sea Drilling Contract with Awilco (Feb 04)
Company: OffRig Drilling ASA more info
- OffRig to Build Third Semisub at Yantai Raffles Shipyard (Jan 31)
- Awilco Offshore's Stake in OffRig Reaches 91.2% (Jan 09)
- Awilco Announces Results of Voluntary Offer for OffRig (Nov 30)