Noble Denton Reports Possible Jacket Loadout Record
Noble Denton Brazil announced the successful completion of the loadout of the PRA-1 jacket last December.
Noble Denton Brazil was awarded the EPC contract by Techint to perform all the engineering, procurement, management and execution of the load-out of the PRA-1 jacket from the erection site to the end of the quay and then onto a barge.
With a small team of dedicated professionals and in partnership with Fagioli PSC who supplied and operated the four strand jacks of 450 tonnes capacity each fitted with a total of 108 strand wire ropes, this challenging project has been completed with great success.
The PRA-1 is the first jacket built in Brazil since the late-1980s for water depths over 100m. It was fabricated by Techint at their yard in the state of Parana with a total loadout weight of 6,200 tonnes. The distance traveled from its fabrication location to the final position on the barge was 456 meters--possibly a world record.
- Aqualis Offshore Wins Brazilian Contract (Mar 04)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Peru LNG Starts Pipeline Construction (Oct 08)
Company: Noble Denton more info
- DNV GL's Unit Helps CNOOC Perform First DP Floatover Installation in China (Jun 16)
- GL Noble Denton Welcomes Executive VP of Americas (Jul 18)
- Industry Officials: Energy Sector Faces Shortage in Skilled Professionals (Jun 11)
Company: Fagioli PSC more info
- Noble Denton Reports Possible Jacket Loadout Record (Jan 31)