Roxar to Supply Monitoring Equipment to Major Mideast Operator
Roxar on Wednesday announced that it has signed two multi-million US dollar contracts to supply 43 dual downhole gauge systems (Permanent Downhole Monitoring Systems) to a leading Middle Eastern operator.
The Roxar downhole HM gauge, which transmits digitized pressure and temperature data to the surface, is one of the world's leading instruments for permanent pressure and temperature measurement in oil and gas reservoirs and is scheduled for delivery by October 2007. It is a key component of Roxar PDMS (Permanent Downhole Monitoring Systems).
The deal confirms Roxar's position as a leading provider of downhole instrumentation and measurement throughout the Middle East region. Recent deals include the largest single order ever of multiphase meters in May 2005 and the supply of over 15 Roxar subsea Wetgas meters, offshore Egypt.
Said Roxar CEO, Sandy Esslemont:
"Roxar's monitoring systems continue to be at the forefront of permanent subsurface instrumentation providing our customers the information they need to better manage their reservoirs and optimize production. We are delighted to be consolidating our position in the Middle East today and providing our client with highly effective and intervention–free reservoir surveillance on an around-the-clock basis."
Roxar's PDMS equipment ensures reliable around-the-clock access to downhole information, such as reservoir pressure and temperature, from any office location, improving reservoir management, well planning and resource exploitation.
The Roxar PDMS is highly robust and reliable for onshore, offshore and subsea wells and is deployed in production, injection and observation wells as well as in conjunction with the instrumentation of highly complex multi-zone intelligent wells. Customers include BP, Hydro, Statoil and Total.
Roxar creates value for its customers through its Reservoir Interpretation, Reservoir Modeling, Reservoir Simulation, Well and Completion, Production and Process Solutions and Consultancy Services.
Roxar is a leading international technology solutions provider to the upstream oil and gas industry. The company creates value for its customers through innovative products and services that help achieve maximum performance from oil and gas reservoirs.
With its head offices in Stavanger, Norway, Roxar employs over 650 staff across a network of wholly owned offices in Europe, the Americas, Africa, CIS, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Founded in May 1999, the company generated revenues of approximately US$160 million in 2006. Roxar's International customer base includes all of the multinationals, major independents and the majority of national oil companies.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- BP Midstream Partners Seeks To Raise Up To $893MM In IPO (Oct 16)
- BP, Azerbaijan's SOCAR To Sign Caspian Sea Exploration Deal In 2017 (Oct 12)
- Increasing the World's Oil Reserves with Digitization (Oct 09)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
- Wood Group Wins Total Refinery Maintenance Contract (Oct 11)
Company: Roxar more info
- Emerson Process Management Snaps Up Roxar ASA (May 06)
- Emerson Launches Voluntary Offer to Acquire Roxar (Mar 02)
- Oil and Gas Operator Inks Purchase Order for Roxar's Subsea Equipment (Jan 05)