Petrocumarebo Leak Under Control

Venezuela's state oil firm PDVSA has announced a gas leak at LV-13, a well in La Vela de Coro, Falcon state, being drilled by joint venture Petrocumarebo, has been brought under control.

The leak was reported January 24 and brought under control Friday morning, PDVSA said in a statement. No injuries or significant material losses were reported.

PDVSA holds 60% of Petrocumarebo, while Canadian independent gas and oil company PetroFalcon Corporation (TSX: PFC) has the remaining 40% through its wholly owned Venezuelan subsidiary Vinccler Oil and Gas.

Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.


Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Mechanical / Piping Inspector | Third Party Surveillance | CO
Expertise: Client Representative|Pipe Inspection / NDT|QA / QC / Inspection
Location: Fort Collins, CO
Field QHSE Advisor
Expertise: HSE Manager / Advisor
Location: Woodward, OK
Permian HSE Rep
Expertise: Client Representative|Environmental, Safety & Training|Safety Officer
Location: Midland, TX
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $48.6/BBL 1.12%
Light Crude Oil : $46.34/BBL 1.24%
Natural Gas : $2.9/MMBtu 2.35%
Updated in last 24 hours