Anadarko, Baker Oil Tools Complete Intelligent Well, Set Record
Anadarko has completed an intelligent well in 8,100 ft of water at its Spiderman Field in DeSoto Canyon Block 621 in the Gulf of Mexico. The Spiderman Field is part of the Independence Hub Project.
Baker Oil Tools set a new water depth record using its InForce® Intelligent Completion System, which consisted of a 93 ft (28.35 m) long completion assembly with six control lines that were terminated and tested on the riser skate prior to lifting; HCM+ Shrouded and Non-Shrouded Sleeve; Premier Packer with feed-through; splice sub and a pressure-testable quick connect; and the Neptune Surface-Controlled Subsurface Safety Valve.
Baker spent 18 months planning the packer design and designing and implementing lifting and transportation devices prior to project commencement. In addition, the preplanning allowed for pre-assembling and testing in controlled shop conditions, resulting in improved reliability and assembly integrity, as well as reduced risk.
Anadarko operates Spiderman with 45% interest with partners Dominion Exploration & Production 36.67% and Hydro Gulf of Mexico, L.L.C. 18.33%.
For more information on the Indpendence Hub Project click here.
- No More Free Lunch Is the Big Change Under Way in the Oil Market (Oct 09)
- Anadarko To Spend $2.5B On Massive Share Buyback (Sep 20)
- Harvey Could Become First Hurricane to Strike Texas Since 2008 (Aug 23)
Company: Baker Hughes more info
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs For A Third Week In A Row (Oct 20)
- US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs for 4th Week in Five -Baker Hughes (Oct 06)