Rosneft, ONGC Forge Closer Ties
Encouraged by the positive partnership in the Sakhalin I Project, Rosneft Oil Company and Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC) have decided to expand their relationship in other projects in Russia, India and third countries. An MoU to this effect was signed by R S Sharma, Chairman and Managing Director, ONGC, and Sergey Bogdanchikov, President of Rosneft.
As per the MoU, Rosneft and ONGC would jointly study the possibilities for mutual projects in exploration, production and marketing as well as other projects related to the hydrocarbon industry, including joint bidding for oil and gas stakes in Russia, India and third countries. The two companies also agreed to jointly explore the options for participation in refining and retail marketing projects in India, including integration of other companies in India.
To implement this MoU, Rosneft and ONGC will establish two Joint Study Groups, one of which will be responsible for upstream and the other one for downstream. Upon jointly identifying a project, the parties shall mutually decide on the structure of the Joint Venture to implement the identified project.
ONGC, will conduct the activities under this MoU in Russia and third countries through ONGC Videsh Limited (OVL), its wholly owned subsidiary.
ONGC is the national oil company of India, with a market capitalization of $43 billion, making it the biggest company in India while Rosneft is a Russian state-owned company with a market capitalization of approximately $100 billion.
OVL is the nodal agency identified by the Government of India for acquisition of oil and gas assets outside India and is currently engaged in 15 countries with 25 projects and 40 blocks.
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Kremlin Oil Major Piles Up Investments In Iraq's Kurdistan Amid Crisis (Oct 18)
- China's CEFC Eyes Big League With Rosneft Oil Offtake Deal (Oct 17)
Company: ONGC more info
Operates 36 Offshore Rigs
Manages 8 Offshore Rigs
- Sources: India ONGC Strikes 'Good' Offshore Oil, Gas Find (Sep 20)
- India To Acquire Seismic Data Of 48,000 Line kms To Boost Oil, Gas Output (Sep 12)
- Biggest Indian Explorer Is Said to Plan First Ever Borrowings (Aug 10)
Company: ONGC Videsh more info
- India's ONGC Videsh to Spend Over $3 Billion on Iran Gas Block (Apr 04)
- India Clears ONGC's Extra 11% Stake Buy in Russia's Vankor Fields (Oct 05)
- ONGC Videsh Inks Deal with Rosneft to Up Stake in Russia's Vankorneft (Sep 15)