Velosi Secures European Shell Contract
The Velosi Group, a provider of quality assurance and quality control services to a number of major national and multinational oil and gas companies, said that it has been awarded the Shell EP Europe Inspection and Expediting contract for a duration of three years.
In a competitive bid process Velosi has been awarded this exclusive contract, effective from 1 January 2007. Shell Exploration and Production in the UK, Nederlandse Aardolie Maatschappij (NAM) in the Netherlands, Norske Shell in Norway and Enterprise Oil Ireland have recently combined to form one European company, Shell EP Europe. The contract will cover work stemming from all four of these Shell operations.
Velosi was previously awarded a contract in May 2003 with Shell UK Exploration and Production covering work for the main Shell operating center in Aberdeen. This contract expired on 31 December 2006, those services now being included in this new contract.
"This contract is a significant expansion of the one we previously held with
Shell UK," said Dr Nabil Abdul Jalil, Chief Executive of Velosi. "It reflects
well on the work we have done for Shell to date and on our ability to deliver
cost effective solutions on a global basis. The continuation of our relationship
with Shell in Europe is an excellent platform from which we can become involved
in further opportunities with Shell globally."
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: The Velosi Group more info
- Velosi Sees 13% Profitability Increase in '09 (Apr 14)
- Samsung Taps Velosi Group to Assemble, Install at Least 20 Derricks (Mar 26)
- Velosi Bags Service Contracts in Europe and Middle East (Dec 16)