Intec Gets Gotcha Subsea Contract
Intec Engineering on Monday announced award of the Total deepwater Gotcha Subsea Development Pre-FEED Contract in the Gulf of Mexico. The work has commenced and will be completed at the end of April, 2007.
The Gotcha field is located in Alaminos Canyon Block 856 in 7,250 to 8,100 feet of water approximately 140 miles east of Port Isabel, Texas. Total E&P USA Inc. is operator with a 70% interest. Nexen Petroleum USA Inc. holds the remaining 30% interest. The Intec contract is for the subsea scope that includes flow assurance, subsea, flowlines, and evaluation of subsea development options working in collaboration with separate engineering contractors studying host and riser options.
Award of the Gotcha project represents for Intec a continuation of significant engineering projects for Total in the Gulf of Mexico. "The Canyon Express Project for Total and partners was a benchmark accomplishment that established a new worldwide deepwater production record. We are particularly pleased to continue support of Total's next ultradeepwater project in the GOM," said Uri Nooteboom, Intec VP of Field Developments.
Intec is a leading engineering and project management company serving the international oil and gas industry with 450 employees and offices in Houston, London, Delft, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Rio de Janeiro and Mexico City. Its technical disciplines include marine pipelines and risers, subsea systems, systems engineering, flow assurance, floating systems, LNG terminals and marine installation management. Intec is a Heerema Group company.
- Total CEO: US Shale Oil Industry To See Wave Of Investment (Oct 18)
- Total's CEO Says Will Try To Move Ahead With Iran Gas Project (Oct 17)
- Total Expands Presence in Mexico (Oct 12)
Company: Heerema more info
- Heerema Secures Services Contract for Culzean (Sep 03)
- KBR Wins Design Contract for Heerema Vessel (Feb 05)
- HMC Awarded Removal of Ekofisk Platforms for Recycling (Mar 06)
Company: Intec Engineering more info
- INTEC, WorleyParsons Merge into New Subsea Services Company (Aug 07)
- Chevron Taps INTEC for Pre-FEED Work on GOM's Big Foot (Jul 23)
- WorleyParsons To Acquire INTEC Engineering From Heerema Group (Apr 01)