Intec Gets Gotcha Subsea Contract

Intec Engineering on Monday announced award of the Total deepwater Gotcha Subsea Development Pre-FEED Contract in the Gulf of Mexico. The work has commenced and will be completed at the end of April, 2007.

The Gotcha field is located in Alaminos Canyon Block 856 in 7,250 to 8,100 feet of water approximately 140 miles east of Port Isabel, Texas. Total E&P USA Inc. is operator with a 70% interest. Nexen Petroleum USA Inc. holds the remaining 30% interest. The Intec contract is for the subsea scope that includes flow assurance, subsea, flowlines, and evaluation of subsea development options working in collaboration with separate engineering contractors studying host and riser options.

Award of the Gotcha project represents for Intec a continuation of significant engineering projects for Total in the Gulf of Mexico. "The Canyon Express Project for Total and partners was a benchmark accomplishment that established a new worldwide deepwater production record. We are particularly pleased to continue support of Total's next ultradeepwater project in the GOM," said Uri Nooteboom, Intec VP of Field Developments.

Intec is a leading engineering and project management company serving the international oil and gas industry with 450 employees and offices in Houston, London, Delft, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Rio de Janeiro and Mexico City. Its technical disciplines include marine pipelines and risers, subsea systems, systems engineering, flow assurance, floating systems, LNG terminals and marine installation management. Intec is a Heerema Group company.

For More Information on the Offshore Rig Fleet:
RigLogix can provide the information that you need about the offshore rig fleet, whether you need utilization and industry trends or detailed reports on future rig contracts. Subscribing to RigLogix will allow you to access dozens of prebuilt reports and build your own custom reports using hundreds of available data columns. For more information about a RigLogix subscription, visit

Our Privacy Pledge

Most Popular Articles

From the Career Center
Jobs that may interest you
Static Equipment / LNG Tank Engineer
Expertise: Mechanical Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
Gas Storage Reservoir Engineer
Expertise: Petroleum Engineering
Location: Houston, TX
ARAMCO QM20 Third Party Inspector
Expertise: Electrical Engineering|QA / QC / Inspection|Technical Writing
Location: Bolingbrook, IL
search for more jobs

Brent Crude Oil : $51.46/BBL 0.61%
Light Crude Oil : $50.52/BBL 0.64%
Natural Gas : $2.83/MMBtu 5.35%
Updated in last 24 hours