Hydro, Bourbon Strike Three-year Deal for Orca
Hydro has entered into a three-year agreement regarding use of the Anchor Handling Tug Supply Vessel (AHTS) "Bourbon Orca." The contract is valued at around NOK 250 million.
The contract with Bourbon Offshore Norway also includes three one-year option periods. Consequently, the total value of the contract can be around NOK 500 million.
The vessel Bourbon Orca will continue with a task it is already carrying out for Hydro. Along with the vessels "Skandi Admiral" and "Bourbon Surf" it will form a pool of support vessels operating out of Mongstad, north of Bergen.
While the Skandi Admiral is used to a large extent in the northern areas, the two Bourbon vessels play a key role in Hydro's operations in the North Sea.
The Bourbon Orca has the "Ulstein AX104" design, known for its special hull shape and bow formed in the shape of an axe, that together create the so-called Ulstein X-Bow that cleaves the waves.
With its excellent properties in areas such as safety during anchor handling and crane operations, seaworthiness, towing, and energy consumption, the vessel will make a valuable contribution to Hydro's marine operations from the Mongstad base.
The contract was awarded following ordinary competitive bidding.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: BOURBON more info
- Oil Services Group Bourbon Sees Brighter Outlook After 1H Profit Slump (Sep 07)
- Bourbon Says Three Kidnapped Crew Members Released (May 11)
- BOURBON Ends Talks to Sell OSVs to Malaysia's Tanjung Offshore (Dec 31)