Lamprell Adds Two Contracts to Orderbook
Lamprell has been awarded a US $30.3 million fabrication contract by Saipem SA to build six topside process modules for the Gimboa FPSO vessel which is destined for the Gimboa field, offshore Angola, operated by Sonangol P&P Angola. In addition to the main contract there is an option, for the sum of US $8.7 million, for the fabrication of the piperack.
The contract, scheduled for delivery in August 2007, includes the fabrication of the lift gas and flash gas compression modules, chemical injection skid, low and high pressure separation modules, process manifold and local equipment room.
The Gimboa field is situated 85 km offshore Angola at a water depth of 700 meters. When completed, the converted tanker will have an oil storage capacity of 1.8 million barrels and a production capacity of 60,000 barrels per day. The Gimboa FPSO is scheduled for deployment in early 2008 to coincide with first oil production.
Lamprell has also been awarded a US $24.8 million fabrication contract under a framework agreement with SBM to build the topside process modules and the turntable/manifold structure for the Frade FPSO.
The project, scheduled for completion in November 2007, includes the fabrication of seven topside process modules including test and second stage separation modules, a main gas compression module, a gas/flash gas compression module and the power generation module.
The FPSO, moored by an internal turret accommodating 33 risers, will be fitted with topside process modules for the production of 100,000 barrels of oil, the treatment and compression of 106 million standard cubic feet of gas per day and the treatment and injection of 150,000 barrels of water per day.
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: SBM Offshore N.V. more info
- SBM Offshore, Repsol to Get $247 Million in Yme Insurance Settlement (Jul 17)
- Weak Oil Pushes SBM Offshore To Axe More Jobs (Aug 10)
- FPSO Cidade de Saquarema Commences Ops at Brazil's Offshore Lula Field (Jul 13)
Company: Lamprell more info
- Rig Builder Lamprell Sees Lower Revenue, To Tighten Purse Strings (Jan 23)
- Lamprell Secures Services Contract with Jacktel AS (Sep 26)
- Lamprell Expects Challenging Environment to Continue Through 2017 (Sep 22)