Aabar, Mitra Garner Sibaru Concession
Aabar Petroleum Investments Company PJSC announced that its wholly subsidiary, Pearl Energy Limited, together with its partner Mitra Energy Limited, has been awarded the production sharing contract (PSC) for the Sibaru concession area offshore Indonesia.
PearlOil (Sandstone) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Pearl, will hold 40% interest in the Sibaru PSC and Mitra Energy, as operator, will hold the remaining 60%. Sibaru is located in the offshore extension of the greater East Java Basin and covers an area of 3,999 sq. km.
"We welcome the opportunity to work together with a new partner in Mitra and to continue to strengthen our exploration portfolio in Indonesia, where we already hold significant acreage. Previous work in the Sibaru area has demonstrated the presence of hydrocarbons, and this block builds on our position offshore East Java in a region where demand for oil and gas continues to grow at a rapid pace," said Chris Gibson-Robinson, Pearl's Chief Operating Officer.
Pearl is a Singapore-based oil and gas company engaged in the exploration for, and development and production of oil and gas resources.
Since the Group's first acquisition in 2002, it has built up a portfolio of exploration, development and production assets in 12 contract areas covering approximately 69,465 sq. km of gross acreage in Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines. Pearl also has been conditionally awarded, as operator, the 4,148 sq. km Block 06/94 offshore Vietnam subject to the signing of the final Production Sharing Contract.
Four of the contract areas contain fields producing oil and provide a source of cash flow for the Group as it explores and develops its prospective assets.
Pearl is a wholly owned subsidiary of Abu Dhabi-based Aabar Petroleum Investments Company
PJSC, which is listed on the Abu Dhabi Securities Market.
- Tap Oil's Manora Development On Track (Jul 26)
- Drilling Commenced in Gulf of Thailand (Oct 18)
- Mubadala Moves Ahead with Major Oil Projects (Nov 11)
Company: Aabar Petroleum more info
- Aabar Sells Off Upstream Oil Unit Pearl Energy (May 20)
- Aabar Records Q1 Net Profit of AED 40 Million (Apr 30)
- Aabar Energy Receives Offer from Mubadala (Mar 06)
Company: Mitra Corp. more info
- Total Acquires Stake in Philippines Block SC56 (Aug 23)
- Mitra Prepares for 2D Seismic of Sibaru Block, East Java (Jun 19)
- Sound Oil Partners Cure Default at Citarum (May 08)