Chaco Resources Says Spud Date for Cachapa #1 Well is in February
Chaco Resources says that the spud date for the Cachapa #1 well on the Primavera block, Colombia, is anticipated to be in the second half of February 2007.
The Operator, Gran Tierra Energy Inc, has advised that the rig arrived in Colombia on January 15, 2007 and after drilling a well for another company will move to the Cachapa wellsite. Following drilling Cachapa #1, the rig will move to the Capibara wellsite, also in the Primavera Block.
Technical Director, Graeme Stephens said today: "The spudding of the Cachapa well will represent a significant milestone in Chaco's corporate development. This will be the first well drilled by Chaco since its move into the oil and gas sector.
The Cachapa well will be the first of a proposed four well drilling program to be undertaken in 2007 on the Primavera and Platanillo Blocks."
- Bolivia: Four Companies Operating Under New Contracts (Jun 27)
- Chaco Announces Name Change, Share Placing (May 24)
- Chaco Acquires Stake in Middle Magdalena Block (Apr 25)
Company: Gran Tierra Energy more info
- Gran Tierra Receives 'Outperform' Rating After Revealing Exploration Plans (Jun 15)
- Gran Tierra Energy Reveals $38.6 Million Net Loss (Aug 05)
- Gran Tierra Touts Record Production in Colombia (Apr 17)