Aker to Sell Portion of Aker Kvaerner Shareholding
Aker ASA has decided to sell up to 5.45 million shares of its Aker Kværner shareholding. Following completion of the share sale, Aker will hold no less than 40.1 percent of Aker Kværner stock, compared with its current holding of 50.01 percent.
The sale frees up liquidity to further strengthen Aker`s balance sheet and increase its financial clout for additional industrial moves. No extraordinary dividend payment will be made to Aker shareholders as a result of the share sale.
The share sale strengthens Aker`s ability to contribute to further industrial development at Aker Kværner and Aker Yards - and to generating additional shareholder value for them and Aker. The interaction in this value-creating triangle of Aker companies will continue after the share sale, said Leif-Arne Langoy, Aker`s Chairman and President and CEO.
Aker will continue its role as a long-term Aker Kværner owner, and has no plans for further Aker Kværner share divestitures.
SEB Enskilda Securities ASA and UBS Investment
Bank are lead managers in the Aker Kværner
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Aker Yards more info
- STX Europe Refinances Revolving Credit Facility (Nov 06)
- Aker Yards Swaps Name for STX to Focus on International Market (Nov 03)
- Wartsila to Supply Propulsion Equipment for 5 Offshore Vessels (Nov 03)
Company: Aker ASA more info
- EXECUTIVE VIEW: Det Norske's Output Could Triple, Top Owner Aker Says (Feb 23)
- Aker Spitsbergen Ready for Operations (Jan 25)
- Aker Solutions Snaps Up Prospects for Further Growth in Energy Sector (Apr 02)