FX Reports Initial Winna Gora Test
FX Energy, Inc. on Tuesday reported that the Winna Gora well flowed gas during the clean-up phase in an initial test of the top eighteen meter section of the Rotliegendes sandstone target reservoir at a depth of 3,518-3,536 meters.
Because the test tool had just been opened Tuesday morning, flow calculations were not expected until later Tuesday and on Wednesday. Following the completion of the initial test, drilling, testing and logging will continue to determine the net pay and other reservoir parameters.
FX Energy owns 49% and the Polish Oil and Gas Company is the operator and owns 51%.
FX Energy, Inc. holds a land position of 250,000 acres around its Wilga discovery and
over 3.2 million acres in a known hydrocarbon region in western Poland's Permian
Basin. The Permian Basin's gas-bearing Rotliegend sandstone is a direct analog to the
Southern Gas Basin offshore England, and represents a largely untapped source of
potentially significant gas reserves.
- FX Energy is Reading Szymanowice-1 Well for Production (Dec 31)
- FX Energy Tests Poland Tuchola-3K Well (Apr 29)
- FX Energy 'Disappointed' over Polish Mieczewo Well (Apr 08)
Company: Polish Oil & Gas Company more info
- FX Energy Spuds Ostrowiec Well in Western Poland (May 28)
- FX Energy Inks Northwest Concession Farm-Out with Polish O&G (Mar 04)
- FX Energy Confirms Recent Kromolice Discovery's Commerciality (Feb 25)