Former Head of Veritas DGC to Take Reins at Technip
The Board of Directors of Technip, meeting on January 15th, 2007, has chosen, upon the recommendation of the Nominations and Compensation Committee, Thierry Pilenko to succeed Daniel Valot as Chairman and CEO at the close of the Annual Shareholder's Meeting on April 27th 2007 during which he should be appointed to Technip's Board of Directors.
In order to ensure a smooth and efficient transition, and as proposed by Daniel Valot, Thierry Pilenko has been named Deputy General Manager of Technip as of January 15, 2007.
Born in Lyon in 1957, Thierry Pilenko received degrees from The Ecole Nationale Superieure de Geologie in Nancy and the Ecole du Petrole et des Moteurs. He spent most of his career (1984-2004), within the Schlumberger Group, where he gained vast oil and gas engineering and international experience in countries throughout the world (Venezuela, Italy, Gabon, Nigeria, Dubai, Indonesia, The United States, France) working in various product lines. In March 2004 he became Chairman and CEO of Veritas DGC, a geophysical services company based in Houston, which recently merged with Compagnie Generale de Geophysique.
With a workforce of 22,000 people, Technip ranks among the top five corporations in the field of oil, gas and petrochemical engineering, construction and services. Headquartered in Paris, the Group is listed in New York and Paris.
The Group's main operations and engineering centers and business units are located in France, Italy, Germany, the UK, Norway, Finland, the Netherlands, the USA, Brazil, Abu-Dhabi, China, India, Malaysia and Australia.
In support of its activities, the Group manufactures flexible pipes and umbilicals, and builds offshore platforms in its manufacturing plants and fabrication yards in France, Brazil, the UK, the USA, Finland and Angola, and has a fleet of specialized vessels for pipeline installation and subsea construction.
- Top Oilfield Services Firms Signal Fourth-Quarter Uncertainty (Oct 20)
- Schlumberger's Latest Asset Deal Raises Fresh Concerns Ahead Of 3Q (Oct 19)
- Offshore Start-Up Borr Drilling Aims To Expand Fleet, Keep Costs Low (Aug 30)
Company: CGG more info
- French Oil Services Firm CGG Files For Bankruptcy (Jun 14)
- CGG Wins DPC Contract in Brunei (Feb 21)
- CGG Looks to Achieve Financial Restructuring (Jan 05)
Company: Technip more info
- Sasol Plans More Hiring for Louisiana Project (Oct 12)
- Bapco To Meet Technip-Led Consortium For Talks On Refinery Expansion (Aug 22)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
Company: Veritas DGC more info
- KBR Splits from Halliburton, Names New Board Members (Apr 09)
- Caspian Services Adds Seismic Source Vessel to Fleet (Mar 29)
- Former Head of Veritas DGC to Take Reins at Technip (Jan 16)
Company: CGGVeritas more info
- CGG Qualifies as Mexican Reserves Auditor (May 17)
- Karoon Engages CGGVeritas for 3D Seismic Survey in Permit WA-482-P (Jun 19)
- CGG: New Identity, New Acquisition (Jan 28)