PPL Shipyard Receives Repeat Order from Offshore Group Corp.
PPL Shipyard, a subsidiary of SembCorp Marine, has secured a repeat rig building contract from Offshore Group Corp. worth US $190 million for the construction of a Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 Deep Drilling Offshore Jackup Rig. This is the second rig that the owner, Offshore Group Corp. has placed with PPL Shipyard.
Construction of the jackup rig will commence immediately with delivery scheduled end 2008.
The jackup rig will be built based on PPL's proprietary Baker Marine Pacific Class 375 Deep Drilling design. The rig will be equipped with a drilling package that will enable it to drill high pressure and high temperature wells at 30,000 feet whilst operating in 375 feet of water. It has accommodation for 120 men.
PPL Shipyard is a rig building yard with proven track record in the building and servicing of jackups and semisubmersibles. PPL has built a total of 27 jackup rigs, 6 semisubmersibles and 4 swamp barges. The flagship jackup rig design, the BMC 375 Pacific Class has secured orders for a total of 17 units so far since its launch in 2004. Two units have been delivered and are now drilling in India and Saudi Arabia.
Barring unforeseen circumstances, SembCorp Marine expects a positive contribution to its earnings from the contract. However, this contract is not expected to have any material impact on the net tangible assets and earnings per share of SembCorp Marine for the year ending December 31, 2007.
- Rig Builder Sembcorp Marine 2Q Net Profit Falls 51% (Jul 27)
- Asia Oil, Gas Layoffs Mount as Industry Recovery Stays Elusive (Sep 08)
- Brazilian Government Plans to Open Talks with Keppel, Sembcorp Marine (Sep 05)
Company: PPL Shipyard more info
- Sembcorp Marine Acquires Remaining 15% Stake in PPL Shipyard for $115M (Aug 24)
- Perisai Petroleum Defers Delivery of Perisai Pacific 102 to End October (Jun 13)
- PPL Shipyard Serves Termination Notice on MPD Over Jackup Construction Spat (Dec 02)
Company: Offshore Group Corp. more info
- Vantage Energy Services to Acquire Four Jackups (Aug 30)
- PPL Shipyard Receives Repeat Order from Offshore Group Corp. (Jan 16)
- SembCorp's PPL Shipyard to Build Jackup for Offshore Group Corp. (Oct 31)