Frontline to Develop Heavy Lift Unit
In line with the strategy decided by the Board, Frontline Ltd. is currently in the process of establishing a separate entity to develop the Company's heavy lift activity.
Such a company will include up to six single-hull Suezmax vessels. Five of these vessels are on long term leases from Ship Finance International Limited, and a deal is subject to reaching a mutually acceptable solution with Ship Finance International Limited for a purchase of these vessels. One vessel is currently being converted to a heavy lift vessel at Cosco shipyard in China and will be completed in April 2007. One further firm contract has been signed for a second vessel to be delivered in August 2007, and optional conversion contracts are in place with the yard for up to four more vessels.
The new company, which will be named Sealift Ltd., has recruited former Chief Executive Officer of Dockwise Transportation N.V. Bert Bekker to be the CEO of the Sealift management organization.
Frontline is currently investigating the possibility to bring in outside investors in Sealift. It is the intention that Frontline will remain with minimum 33% of the equity. Frontline expects a final clarification around the possible spin off of Sealift and the financial consequences of the transaction to be communicated to the market within this week.
- Fairstar: Dockwise's Actions Go Against Dutch Law (Apr 27)
- Dockwise Lands $55M in New Contracts, MSA with Keppel (Dec 21)
- Dockwise Vessel Books 2nd Delivery Gig in 2013 (Oct 14)
Company: COSCO Shipyard more info
- In Brazil, Another Shipyard Goes Bust As Work Returns To Asia (Jul 18)
- Cosco Nantong to Delay Delivery of KS Orient Star 2 to End 2017 (May 13)
- Asian Yards See Weaker Revenues amid Uncertainty in Brazil (Mar 18)
Company: Ship Finance International Ltd. more info
- Seadrill, Ship Finance Ink Sale, Lease Buyback for 2 Rigs (Sep 16)
- Seadrill Inks $850 Million Rig Sale and Leaseback Deal (May 19)
- Ship Finance Sells Supply Vessel to Deep Sea for $29 Million (Dec 17)
Company: Frontline more info
- Tanker Firm Frontline Expects Rise In Storage Of Oil On Vessels (Jun 16)
- Frontline to Restructure VLCC Newbuilding Program (Sep 17)
- Frontline Sells Its Stake in Dockwise (Oct 02)