Statoil Signs Frame Deals for Well Services
Statoil has signed frame agreements for sidetrack operations and undesirable objects recovery from wells (fishing) on Statoil-operated Norwegian continental shelf licenses.
The deals have been signed with Baker Hughes Norge AS, Weatherford Norge AS and supplier-of-choice, Smith International Norway AS.
The agreements run until June 30, 2009, with options for up to a further four years. Together they have an estimated value in the order of US$80-100 million.
The agreements involve Statoil having secured access to essential equipment and personnel in relation to sidetrack operations where existing drilling holes are used to drill new wells.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil Takes First Bite Of Solar Market With Brazilian Joint Venture (Oct 04)
- Statoil Charters Last of Largest Oil Tankers to Hold Crude for Asia Buyers (Sep 28)
- Statoil And Partners Plan Output Capacity Expansion At Troll Gas Field (Sep 26)
Company: Weatherford International more info
- Weatherford Names Former Halliburton CFO Its New Chief (Mar 07)
- Document: Algeria's Sonatrach Awards $180M in Oil Service Contracts (May 08)
- Aker Posts Lower Profits, Cuts Workforce Salary (Feb 12)
Company: Baker Hughes more info
- US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs for 4th Week in Five -Baker Hughes (Oct 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add Oil Rigs for First Week Since mid-August (Sep 29)
- US Oil Drillers Cut Rigs for 3rd Week in a Row -Baker Hughes (Sep 22)
Company: Smith International, Inc. more info
- Schlumberger, Smith Offer to Repurchase up to $1.87B in Debt (Sep 22)
- Schlumberger Finalizes $11B Merger with Smith International (Aug 30)
- US Dept. of Justice OKs Schlumberger-Smith Merger (Jul 27)