Neuquen Opens Economic Bids for Rio Barrancas E&P
Argentina's Neuquen province has opened economic bids from two groups for the E&P contract on the Rio Barrancas block, the province said in a statement.
The consortium of local engineering firm Ingenieria Sima and the YPF subsidiary of Spanish oil major Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) bid US$18.6 million. The consortium of German oil company Wintershall Energia and Argentina's Petrobras Energia (NYSE: PZE) bid US$12.2 million.
Neuquen province-controlled oil company Hidenesa will analyze the bids this month and award the contract in the first week of February, the statement said.
Hidenesa will only participate with a 10% stake if a hydrocarbons discovery is made, which would come in addition to the province's 12% royalty rate.
This tender marks the first time the framework allowing Hidenesa to back in has been used. The province also intends to use the method for the 20 areas set for tender in 2007.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- Ex-SBM Executives Plead Guilty In US To Petrobras Bribe Charges (Nov 09)
- CEO: Brazil's Petrobras Could Bid On More Blocks In Pre-Salt Auction (Oct 24)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
- Norway Awards 56 Oil And Gas Licences In Mature Areas (Jan 17)
Company: Hidensa more info
- Neuquen Opens Economic Bids for Rio Barrancas E&P (Jan 15)