APL in Talks with Aker for India STP Deal
APL said that it is negotiating with Aker Floating Production for the delivery of a submerged production system (STP) for the MA-1 oil and gas field off India. The potential contract is for a disconnectable STP Turret Mooring System, including design, fabrication and commissioning. The end client is India`s Reliance Industries.
Reliance has awarded a Letter of Intent for the MA-1 oil and gas field development to Aker Floating Production. The project is a fast-track development with the use of a floating production, storage and offloading (FPSO) vessel. Aker Floating Production is targeting to get first oil started by mid-February 2008. The FPSO is to be able to process 60,000 barrels of oil and ultimately 9 million cubic meters of gas per day. However, full-scale production is not expected to begin before first quarter 2009.
This potential contract would represent APL's 12th order for the STP System and the first order for the Indian Sea.
- OPEC's Output Curbs Squeeze World's Biggest Oil Refining Complex (Oct 16)
- India's Reliance Industries 2Q Profit Up 7%, Lags Estimates (Oct 13)
- India's Reliance Sells US Shale Asset for $126 Mln (Oct 06)
Company: Aker Floating Production more info
- Technip Tapped for Phase 2 Development at Offshore India Oilfield (Dec 08)
- Aker Moves Forward with Strong Profit Performance (Nov 17)
- Jurong Completes Conversion of India's First Deepwater FPSO (Jun 30)
Company: APL more info
- APL to Provide FLNG Equipment to Samsung Heavy Industries (Sep 25)
- Clough Snags Contract for Installation Services in Norway (Jul 01)
- Petrobras and its Partners Approve Chinook Cascade FPSO Contract (Oct 09)