BJ Wins Contract for Indonesian Pipeline Project
BJ Process and Pipeline Services (BJ PPS) announced it has been awarded a major contract to provide pipeline pre-commissioning services by Nippon Steel Engineering Corporation on Phase 1 of the South Sumatra-West Java Gas Pipeline Project (SSWJ 1), an extensive underwater pipeline project in Indonesia.
The 105-kilometer offshore pipeline stretches from Labuhan Sumatra to Cilegon, West Java. Once completed the SSWJ 1 will have a capacity of 250 million cubic feet per day (mmcfd) transporting gas from Pertamina's Pagardewa field to industry and household users in the West Java area.
The contract calls for BJ PPS to provide flooding, hydrotesting, dewatering, swabbing, vacuum drying, nitrogen packing and purging, and calliper pigging services. This work will be carried out on a combined 105 km of pipeline.
This pipeline pre-commissioning operation is being managed by BJ PPS from its operations base in Singapore. Operations commenced in November and are scheduled for completion in early 2007.
Although the SSWJ 1 project represents the first time BJ PPS has worked for Nippon Steel in Indonesia, BJ has performed similar services for Nippon Steel on a number of projects in the Far East, including the Yetagun Project in Burma and numerous jobs at Nippon's Batam fabrication facility.
BJ Services Company is a leading provider of pressure pumping and related oilfield services to the petroleum industry. The company operates in every major oil and gas producing region.
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Saudi Aramco Reaffirms Commitment to Pertamina JV as CEOs Meet (Jul 07)
- Indonesia's Pertamina To Delay Some Refinery Projects Over Financing (Jun 06)
Company: BJ Services Company more info
- Baker Hughes Closes BJ Services Acquisition (Apr 29)
- Baker Hughes, BJ Services Reach Final Agreement with DOJ (Apr 27)
- BJ Services Gets to Work on Casablanca Platform (Apr 09)
Company: Nippon Steel more info
- NSSE Clinches EPCIC Contract for Nong Yao Oil Project in Gulf of Thailand (Jan 15)
- Total Indonesia to Deliver LNG to Japanese Consortium (Feb 17)
- Santos Joins Papua New Guinea LNG Study (Apr 11)