Aker Reports Offshore India FPSO Deal
Aker Floating Production ASA (AKFP) signed a Letter of Intent with a non-disclosed client for the provision and operation of the FPSO Aker Smart 1 together with associated subsea equipment for an oil & gas field offshore India.
A five-year FPSO charter contract running from February 2008, with purchase options, and subsea hardware and installation contracts will generate estimated revenues for the Aker Group of approx. US$1 billion, or about NOK 6.35 billion, of which approximately US$600 million represents the FPSO lease part.
The charter contract including options, will have a duration of five to ten years with first oil 15th February 2008. The client has an option to buy the FPSO at different stages during the contract period. The FPSO Aker Smart 1 will operate offshore India in 1100 to 1400 meters water depth.
"We are very pleased to have been given this opportunity," says Aker Floating Production President and CEO Svein Olsen, as this is a strong example of Aker Group of Companies ability to cooperate in providing total field solutions. Aker Kvaerner will be responsible for the provision of the sub-sea facilities, while at the same time undertaking the mooring installation and hook-up of the FPSO through its subsidiary Aker Marine Contractors AS." FPSO Aker Smart 1 has a daily production capacity of 60,000 barrels of oil, while substantial gas treatment, injection and export facilities will be installed with 3 million cum (or 100 million cuft) per day compression capacity. To meet field specific needs, Aker Floating Production expects to invest US$300 million in addition to the base cost of the generic FPSO Aker Smart 1.
Aker Floating Production's business is to own,
operate, and charter out converted tankers
equipped for offshore oil and gas production and
storage. The company has purchased three tankers
to be converted at Jurong Shipyard in Singapore.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: Aker Group more info
- Aker to Cooperate with Baker Hughes on Early Phase Oil & Gas Studies (Jun 19)
- Aker's Q1 Equipment Book Value Up NOK9.8 Billion (May 08)
- Aker and DOF Create Aker DOF Supply (Jul 02)
Company: Aker Floating Production more info
- Technip Tapped for Phase 2 Development at Offshore India Oilfield (Dec 08)
- Aker Moves Forward with Strong Profit Performance (Nov 17)
- Jurong Completes Conversion of India's First Deepwater FPSO (Jun 30)