Petroecuador: $1.1B in Block 15 Revenue Since Expropriation
Ecuador's state oil company Petroecuador brought in US$1.11 billion in revenue from crude produced on block 15 from mid-May to year-end, Petroecuador's Block 15 temporary administration unit reported, based on an average price of US$50/b.
Ecuador last year cancelled US oil company Occidental's (NYSE: OXY) contract for the block, taking over control in mid-May.
Exports totaled 16.3 million barrels for a total US$791 million in the period, while the remainder was covered by crude provided to Petroecuador through the Sote pipeline, which the company includes in its revenue statements.
Petroecuador produced an average 96,737b/d production of Napo crude in the period for a total 22.2 million barrels, or 98% of the company's target.
The company did not drill additional wells on the block during the period and experienced an average 2.92% monthly decline in production levels, equal to a total 3,000b/d over the period.
However, the company plans to begin drilling block 15's Eden-Yuturi field in mid-January.
The statement highlighted the fact the company saved US$30 million by lowering the cost of production per barrel by US$1.81 to US$4.74 compared to the previously anticipated figure.
Ecuador alleged the US company transferred a 40% stake in block 15 to Canadian oil firm EnCana (NYSE: ENC) in 2000 without government permission, overproduced some wells and did not comply with the block's investment plan.
Petroecuador as a whole produced 68 million barrels in 2006, or 186,554b/d, and expects 2007 output of 64.4 million barrels, or 176,438b/d, Reuters reported.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- Kemp: Oil Price War Inflicts Collateral Damage in Latin America (Feb 09)
- Ecuador's Petroamazonas Seeks Partners to Boost Oil Output (Sep 26)
Company: Occidental Petroleum more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Buyers Eye Sinopec's Argentina Oil Assets in Sale Worth Up to $1B - Sources (Oct 09)
- Occidental Petroleum's Profit Beats As Prices For Chemicals Jump (Aug 02)
- Hess To Sell Permian EOR Assets To Occidental For $600 Million (Jun 19)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)