Essar Oilfields Wins Contract from Gujarat State Petroleum
Essar Oilfields Services Limited (EOSL) has been awarded a drilling contract from Gujarat State Petroleum Corporation Ltd (GSPC) for drilling in the Krishna Godavari (KG) basin offshore India's east coast.
The contract for Essar Wildcat is for a period of two years with a contract value of $250 million. The contract also contains provisions for two 1-year options.
The recently acquired Essar Wildcat is a rated to work in water depths up to 1,350 feet and can be upgraded for deeper waters. The rig has a drilling depth capacity of 25,000 feet and is equipped with top drive; automatic pipe handling systems and rough weather bop launch system.
The contract will enable Essar to re-establish itself as a globally preferred drilling contractor. Essar has considerable experience and a proven track record in contract drilling services. It was the first Indian company to offer contract drilling services in 1985 for both onshore and offshore exploration and production activity.
- Oilex Progressing Work Plan to Unlock Gas Resources in India's Cambay Block (Jun 27)
- Oilex Commences Gas Production from Bhandut Field in Gujarat, India (Apr 08)
- GeoGlobal Updates ANK 41-S Drilling In India (Dec 22)
Company: Essar Oilfield Services Ltd more info
Manages 3 Offshore Rigs
- ONGC Remains Strong in India Market (Oct 23)
- Essar to Close on 2 Jackups by End of October (Oct 09)
- Essar Wildcat to Continue Operations Offshore India (Sep 21)