Oceaneering Wins BC-10 Umbilical Contract
Oceaneering International, Inc. has secured a contract with the BC-10 Consortium, operated by Shell, to supply umbilicals for block BC-10 offshore Brazil.
The order is for hybrid subsea pump and steel tube production control umbilicals totaling approximately 50 kilometers (31 miles) in length. Manufacture of the product is planned to involve the Oceaneering Multiflex facilities in Panama City, Florida and Niteroi, Brazil commencing in late 2007.
These umbilicals will be used for the ten well, subsea development of the Ostra, Abalone, and Argonauta fields in water depths ranging from 4,900 to 6,500 feet located within BC-10 in the Campos Basin. This will be the first full field development based on subsea oil and gas separation and pumping.
Hybrid umbilicals offer several capabilities in a single integrated product, which generally lower an offshore field operator's development cost. Hybrid pump umbilicals specifically provide electric power transmission to subsea pumps that increase as well as accelerate production from some fields, particularly those with heavy crude or in deepwater.
Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its applied technology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense and aerospace industries.
Operates 27 Offshore Rigs
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Shell, Varo End Talks on Germany Refinery Stake Sale (Oct 06)
Company: Oceaneering International more info
- Oceaneering Names New CEO (Feb 15)
- IoT Technology to Reduce Need for Oil, Gas Workers Offshore (Oct 14)
- Oceaneering Clinches Contract to Provide Subsea Support Vessel in India (Sep 30)
Company: Oceaneering Multiflex more info
- Oceaneering Wins BC-10 Umbilical Contract (Jan 05)
- Oceaneering Wins $40 Million in Umbilical Contracts from Petrobras (Sep 02)