Origin Responds to AGL Merger Article
Origin Energy responded to a recent report in The Australian Financial Review speculating that the company is engaged in merger negotiations with AGL Energy.
Origin said that, although it has received an unsolicited approach from AGL for a potential merger, it is not presently engaged in any discussions with AGL. The approach relates to a proposal which is indicative and preliminary only, Origin said in a statement. The company noted that it does not propose to take any further steps in relation to this until it has completed an evaluation.
Origin said that it will advise the market if a decision should be taken to proceed.
- Beach Energy Buys Origin's Lattice in $1.25 Billion Deal (Sep 28)
- Energy Titans Get Schooled in Sharing as Billions Seen Blown (May 09)
- Australia's Origin Energy Doubles Stake In Beetaloo Shale Gas Field (May 05)
Company: AGL Energy more info
- AGL To Give Up Gas Production As Energy Prices Plunge (Feb 04)
- Partners in Australia's ATP 1056 JV Keen on AGL's 40% Stake in Permit (Sep 15)
- Beach Energy Acquires 40% Stake in ATP 1056 Permit in Queensland (Aug 11)