InterOil Successfully Completes Mana 6 in Colombia
InterOil Exploration & Production ASA has completed the testing of the latest exploration well in Colombia, Mana 6. This is the second well drilled following re- interpretation based on the newly acquired 3D seismic and the test production showed a production of 450 bopd.
"This is an encouraging result," said Nils N. Trulsvik, InterOil's CEO. "The volume is much larger than expected, and opens for an extension of the producing Toqui Toqui field to the North. Formally this well is outside our production area and is classified as an exploration well. The area will therefore be added to our existing reserve base."
InterOil presently owns 100% of the area, but Ecopetrol, the State Oil Company, has as normal the right to a 30% ownership, after InterOil recovers its exploration costs.
Mana 7, the first exploration well drilled only a month ago, is still on production, and the Ministry has allowed for continuous production and approved the long term testing of this well.
"We have now started another infill well planned in the Toqui Toqui field, TC18, and expect to complete this in 2 weeks," said Trulsvik. "Subsequent to this we will review our Mana results and plan for additional wells in this very successful area."
InterOil's total production in Colombia has grown by 44% from
1000 bopd in November to 1800 bopd subsequent to
the latest drilling.
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Names New CEO, Echeverry Resigns (Aug 17)
- Colombia's Ecopetrol Rubiales Oil Output Hit By Protests (Jun 27)
- Rebel Bomb Attack Halts Colombia's Cano Limon Crude Pipeline (Jun 22)
Company: Interoil Exploration & Production ASA more info
- Interoil Mulls Share Placing to Fund Colombia Field Development (Mar 06)
- InterOil Farms Out Two Blocks in Colombia (Mar 02)
- InterOil Reports $24M Operating Profit for 4Q 2011 (Feb 20)