Woodside Spuds Chinguetti-18
The semisub, Atwood Hunter, has commenced drilling the Woodside-operated Chinguetti 18 development well within PSC B. The well has been drilled to a depth of approximately 900 meters where the 30-inch conductor casing was run and then cemented prior to pulling out of hole on December 31 (local time).
On January 1, 2007, preparations were underway to drill ahead.
Chinguetti-18 is located within the southern part of the Chinguetti Oil and Gas Field in a water depth of 819 meters approximately 80 km southwest of the Mauritanian capital Nouakchott. The planned Total Depth is 2,912 meters and the well is expected to be drilled and completed by late February 2007.
Chinguetti Joint Venture participants are Woodside as operator with 47.38448%; Roc Oil with 3.24984%; Hardman with 19.00800%; Societe Mauritanienne des Hydrocarbures with 12.00000%; BG Group with 10.23440%; Premier with 8.12328%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Roc Oil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Santos Names Roc Oil CEO Anthony Neilson as CFO to Replace Andrew Seaton (Sep 19)
- SapuraKencana Clinches $72M of Work in Malaysia, India & Cote d'Ivoire (Dec 08)
- Faroe Completes Roc Oil Acquisition (Nov 06)