Otto Energy Spuds Koyustu-1 Well in Turkey
Otto Energy and Incremental Petroleum report that the Koyustu-1 gas exploration has been spud. The well is located in the Edirne License in the Thrace Basin of Turkey.
The well will be drilled to a total depth of 650 meters with the primary target intervals, the Oligocene-Miocene Osmancik sandstones, expected between 350 meters and 500 meters. Total drilling time is expected to take ten days, longer if testing is required.
Following the completion of the Koyustu-1 well, the rig will b emoved to the adjacent Bati Umur-1 gas discovery for flow testing of that well. Bati Umur-1 was drilled by the Otto Joint Venture in December 2005 and wireline logging showed several intervals with gas saturations in reservoir quality sandstones.
Partners in the Edirne License are Otto Energy with 65%; Incremental Petroleum with 15% and Turkish Operations Merty Energy with 10% and Petrako Limited with 10%.
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Incremental Petroleum more info
- TransAtlantic Petroleum Snaps Up Incremental Petroleum (Mar 06)
- Incremental Nods TransAtlantic's Increased Takeover Bid (Feb 12)
- TransAtlantic Australia Increases Takeover Bid for Incremental (Feb 05)