Harriet JV Makes Find with Bambra Appraisal Well
The Bambra East-1 well has been drilled to a total depth of approximately 2,550 meters measured depth and has been plugged back and abandoned as planned. Drilling of Bambra East-2 commenced on December 27th, and the well is currently drilling ahead at around 1,400 meters measured depth.
The Bambra East Gas Field is located in Production License TL/1, and will be appraised by two deviated wells; Bambra East-1 and Bambra East-2 drilled from a common surface location. The objectives for the two wells are approximately 1 kilometer north and south respectively from the surface location.
Bambra East-1 intersected the Top Flag approximately 3 meters high to prognosis. The well encountered an excellent quality reservoir section with a hydrocarbon contact consistent with the original Bambra-1 well.
Bambra East-1 is a very encouraging result for the Bambra East appraisal project. The results from the currently drilling Bambra East-2 well, which will take around 4 days to reach planned total depth, will be integrated into the gas field evaluation to better determine the gas resource and optimal development.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Ltd as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229%; and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
- Trade Group Oil & Gas UK Makes 4 Board Appointments (Oct 04)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)