Saga Wins 20-Year License at East Shaltinsky
Saga Oil ASA said that Promgeotek LLC, a subsidiary, has officially been granted the License for Production of Oil and Gas at the East Shaltinsky oil field. The decision of issuing the License was signed Thursday by the Federal Agency of Mineral Resources of the Ministry of Natural Resources of the Russian Federation.
The Production License grants Promgeotek LLC the right to produce hydrocarbon resources from any deposit down to the crystalline bedrock at the East Shaltinsky oil field for 20 years. Included in the 20 years of production, the License also includes an additional 5 years of any type of hydrocarbon exploration activities.
Promgeotek's acquisition of the Production License is also the last mile stone for Saga Oil ASA in order to acquire the remaining 50 % of shares in Promgeotek LLC and become 100 % owner. The process of acquiring the last 50 % of shares will be fully completed within the next 2 weeks according to the initial purchase contract.
CEO of Saga Oil, Malvin Høydal says in a comment: "It has taken longer than
expected to acquire this License due to large amount of official organizations
involved in the complicated Russian licensing process. We are however now very
pleased with the fact that yet another milestone is in place, and that the development
of the entire Rodnikovsky licensed area can commence according to plan."
- Saga Increases Production Through Workover Ops (Mar 13)
- Saga Names Grinod as New CEO (Jul 16)
- SAGA Seeks to Improve Production Rates with Ongoing Well Stimulation (Jul 15)
Company: Russian Ministry of Natural Resources more info
- Russian Ministry OKs Resource Estimates for VOG's West Medvezhye Project (Jul 28)
- Financial Woes Hinder Gazprom, TNK-BP Gas Field Deal (Nov 21)
- TNK-BP Says Kovykta Deal with Gazprom Close (Oct 17)