Saipem Picks Up Gabon, Angola Contracts
Saipem has been awarded two new offshore contracts in Gabon and Angola worth euro 410 million.
In Gabon, CNR International (Olowi) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Canadian Natural Resources Limited, has awarded Saipem a contract for the development of the Olowi field, located 18 kilometers off the coast of Gabon, 400 kilometers south of Libreville.
The field will be developed using three wellhead towers and one conductor support platform tied back to an FPSO vessel (Floating, Production, Storage and Offloading). The contract (EPIC), covers the engineering, procurement, construction, installation, hook-up and commissioning of the fixed portion of the Olowi Field Development Production Facilities and the installation of interconnecting subsea pipeline, riser and umbilical systems between the wellhead towers and the FPSO. The marine activities will be carried out mainly by the Castoro 2 and the Saipem 3000 vessels in the second quarter of 2009.
In Angola, Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Limited has awarded Saipem the EPIC contract for the Flare and Relief Modifications (FARM) Project in the Angolan offshore Block 0, off the coast off the Cabinda province. The FARM project is aimed at eliminating routine gas flaring and is divided into the Malongo and Takula Areas.
The contract covers the project management, construction engineering, procurement of bulk materials, fabrication of flares and various structures, transportation and installation of fabricated structures and client provided equipment, removal of existing flares, offshore hook-up and commissioning. Offshore activities will mainly be performed by the Saipem 3000 between the second and fourth quarter of 2008.
Saipem (43% owned by Eni) is a leader in the provision of engineering, procurement, project management and construction services for the oil & gas Industry, with unique capabilities in designing and executing large scale offshore and onshore projects. Saipem has a strong expertise in operating in deepwater and remote areas. It has significant technological competence in gas monetization and heavy oil exploitation.
- Chevron Approves New Tech Investment To Raise Output At North Sea Field (Oct 20)
- Canada's Keyera Signs Pact With Chevron To Transport, Store NGL (Oct 10)
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Eni Looks To Strengthen Ties With Rosneft, Maybe In LNG (Oct 19)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
- Eni Inks Cooperation Deal With China's CNPC (Sep 13)
Company: Saipem more info
Manages 12 Offshore Rigs
- Ifax: Saipem To Conduct Feasibility Study On Rosneft Chemical Plant (Sep 15)
- Saipem to Build Pipelines for Kuwait Refinery Project (Aug 16)
- Saipem Warns On Profits After Falling To 2Q Loss (Jul 25)
Company: CNR International more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Petrofac Secures $400M of Repeat UK Orders (Jun 19)
- Total Discovers Oil Offshore Ivory Coast (Apr 17)
- Total, Anadarko, CNR To Spend Up To $300M On Ivory Coast Blocks (Nov 06)